This year had some events, big and small, in my life. Time to review them. I don't have some art this time, so here's just a wall of text.
My country's economy went to shit, so my paycheck reduced two times in USD equivalent while retaining its amount in my national currency, which means it's now much more difficult to afford ordering stuff abroad like I used to. Also, PayPal dicked me over by blocking my account since I registered it six months before I hit 18. Because of this I:
- almost stopped ordering stuff abroad opting instead for piracy (digital content) or local equivalents, if possible
- changed my VPS from Cinfu to BuyVM
- had to take a load to buy a new smartphone (Meizu MX5)
- stopped commissioning art from foreign artists
Nonetheless, I bought a few (cheap) art packs, an Xbox controller, Steam controller, a present for my Italian friend, a bottle of really hot sauce, Nintendo 3DS, quite a few games (again), a couple of multitools and commissioned some art from my Russian artist friends.
Next year I think I should save some more money. I need to pay the loan I took, sell my bicycle so I could stop paying for the storage and move t-rg.ws domain to my local registrar. This should help getting more “extra” money left every month.
Like I said, I commissioned some art this year, and also I received some art as a gift. These are:
- Ponified avatar
- Changeling bride
- an updated version of ponified avatar
- Juridical llama
- Shipping of my OC with ZiPo's OC
- Two in the night
I also remembered how to vector stuff with my Scolipede pin-up.
Maybe I am not a gamer, but I still enjoy some games. Games I enjoyed this year:
- Katawa Shoujo. Really good visual novel game. There's still one path I haven't tried (Rin), maybe I'll do it some time next year.
- Undertale. It's amazing how good a simple game can be.
- Mortal Kombat. Specifically MK9 and MKX. I don't usually play fighting games, but when I do, it's from MK series. I played MK9 mainly so I could beat Jim when we are playing together on my friend's PS3, but I liked the story mode. I bought MKX because it had new characters (and it was on sale), and although I was kinda disappointed in the story mode, I liked the new characters, especially D'Vorah. She is my waifu now, even though I don't know how it would work, because she is more of a bug than any changeling ever was.
- Pokemon. Namely, Omega Ruby. I enjoyed the game, especially the part where May didn't interfere with my fun unlike Serena from XY (I really hate her for that). I enjoyed the game even more because I had a chance to play with my friend Jim (1, 2, 3). I even managed to come up with and legitimately make a PvP team which I've never done before. I never played the game after the third battle, though.
- Ingress. Interesting concept: you have to walk around in real life in order to get to the portals. I got to level 7 and got bored half way to level 8. I am more excited about Pokemon Go.
Also, some clicker games:
- Cookie Clicker. It started it all. It was a fun day that I played it.
- Cow Evolution. Took me a few months, but I got every achievement.
- AdVenture Capitalist.
I also bought quite a few games from GOG. Most of them were for DOS, so I made a portable directory with DOS games and scripts which would allow to easily run these games on both Windows and Linux. GOG is a pretty good video game store because it offers fair price and not just converts USD to other currencies. Also games are DRM-free.
And I made a list of my Steam games. (Updated 2015-12-31)
Not much to mention here, but still:
- I made a page for Slitherkitty's music
- I discovered 2Cellos and Apocalyptica.
- I went to 2Cellos concert for the first time in my life.
I updated my YouTube channel a lot compared to previous years. First, the hot sauce videos. Second, my mentioned above Pokemon battles. Third (uploaded recently), some video games shout-outs (Pilot Brothers and FireStarter so far). Forth, although YouTube almost hit me with another copyright strike, an AMV.
I subscribed to JackSepticEye.
I participated in markiplierSINGSb.a.d.l.y.‘s Markiplier 10M milestone video (should be finished in January, 2016).
I learned some basic lock picking. I also ordered a set of lock picks which I never got, so I had to stick to paperclips, which is the reason I never advanced to more complicated locks.
I went to the zoo.
Well, this is all I can think of. There were some other events, but I don't think they are worth mentioning in this summary. You can look them up on my twitter or this blog if you're interested (you probably aren't).