I've been a bit busy with script writing, as you can see. But let me tell you everything in the right order.
As I said in my post on Google+, there's a shortage on tools for USB sticks formatting. The one I chose in the end was mintstick. It's simple enough for the average PC user and doesn't have many dependencies. I was also considering Gnome Disk Util, which is for some reason like alpha and omega of easy to use formatting tools, but it requires gnome-common at very least, so I decided to go with mintstick, which I really liked. It usually available only in Linux Mint, but here's a SlackBuild for all of you slackers who wants to build a user-friendly desktop.
Unfortunately, mintstick did have one dependency that wasn't available in Slackware. It's pyparted, Python bindings for GNU parted. Also there was one more caveat: the latest version of pyparted is 3.9.5, which requires parted-3.2, while Slackware only ships parted 3.1. So I had to go with pyparted-3.9. Anyway, now you can install these bindings on your Slackware to be able to use mintstick.
A few days ago I saw a post on Google+ with a link to an encryption tool called Tomb. I got interested, especially since the incident with TrueCrypt, after which I finally encrypted my home partition using LUKS. What I liked the most about this tool is that it is just a shell script which uses common Linux tools, like dm-crypt or gnupg. It can also hide keys into image files or export them to QR-codes. It doesn't require installation (after all, it's just a single zsh script), but here's a SlackBuild for those slackers who might want to.
I mentioned that Tomb can hide keys to its encrypted containers in image files. It does so using steghide. I wanted this feature, but there were two issues with this piece of software. First, there was no SlackBuild for it, unlike qrencode, which is used by Tomb to export keys to QR-codes. Second, and most difficult, this program is ancient. The latest version, which is 0.5.1, was released back in 2003. I didn't even have a computer back then… And of course it didn't want to compile. Luckily, I was able to find some patches for it, after applying which steghide finally compiled, although with quite a few deprecation warnings. But it seems to work just fine, so here's a SlackBuild for slackers who might want to hide something inside a JPEG image using ancient software.
Chyrp Mass File feather
Although I'm not posting a file for this one, it uses the same code as Mass Photo feather I posted earlier, so you can make it yourself. There's no real need in a feather such as this, but I just wanted to write a single post with all my SlackBuilds instead of writing four, so I wrote it.
That's it, I haven't written anything else. I hope at least someone will find my SlackBuilds useful.
NB: I might need a git repo…